Earlier in the month of June India decided to ban 59 Chinese apps which included Bytedance’s popular video-sharing app Tik Tok, Tencent’s WeChat, and Alibaba’s UC browser.
On Wednesday, 2nd September, India again decided to ban 118 mostly Chinese mobile apps including Tencent Holdings Ltd’s popular video game Pubg.
According to the sources, Tencent had lost 34 billion in terms of market value just a day after a ban of 118 Chinese apps in India. As per the report, the original internal is gaming brand under blue hole has come out with an official statement that said that it is aware of the whole situation and it is actively looking into the entire issue regarding the ban. It has confirmed that PUBG mobile will no longer be controlled by Tencent games in India which PUBC group will take all publishing responsibilities which means that the original South Korea based gaming company is taking over the responsibility and the game is likely to be unbanned in the country soon.
In the official statement, it is said that “Public Corporation fully understands in respect the measures taken by the government as the privacy and security of player data is our top priority for the company. And it hopes to work hand-in-hand with the Indian government and also to find a solution that will allow gamers to once again drop into battlegrounds welding fully compliant with Indian law and regulations”.