To fight against Coronavirus Pandemic, Prime Minister Modi on announced the launch of a new fund, instantly raised to higher amount, Ignited by at Rs 25 crore from Bollywood star Akshay Kumar.
Called the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund or PM CARES, the fund will see the Prime Minister as the chairman of the trust and its members will include the Defence Minister, Home Minister and Finance Minister.
“The spread of coronavirus has been alarming and is posing severe health and economic ramifications for our country. The Prime Minister’s office has been receiving spontaneous and innumerable requests for making generous donations to support the government in the wake of this emergency,” the government said in a statement.
- Gujarat Girl, 11, Suffering From Brain Tumour, Made Collector For A Day
- Manish Sisodia Launches Mobile Music Classroom, Recording Studio
- Child, 2, Rescued From Bengaluru Home After 5 Of Family Die By Suicide
- Sunil Gavaskar Names India Player Who Can Be Groomed As Future Captain
- COVID-19 Vaccine May Have Link With Menstrual Changes, Must Be Investigated: Study
People from all walks of life expressed their desire to donate to India’s war against COVID-19.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 28, 2020
Respecting that spirit, the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund has been constituted. This will go a long way in creating a healthier India.
This is that time when all that matters is the lives of our people. And we need to do anything and everything it takes. I pledge to contribute Rs 25 crores from my savings to @narendramodi ji’s PM-CARES Fund. Let’s save lives, Jaan hai toh jahaan hai. ?? https://t.co/dKbxiLXFLS— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) March 28, 2020