Periods is not just only about blood loss. It is about cramps, mood swings, irritation, hormonal changes, fatigue, lethargy, pain and constant discomfort for one week. When your health goes through so much trouble physically, mentally and emotionally, self care needs to be at peak too. Here are few simple periods self care tips.
- PRIORTIZE SLEEP AND REST- No matter how much work is pending, when it is bed time you go to bed straight. Stop being a night owl for a week for your already troubled health. Sleeping helps in relaxing and provides comfort and support to your body. A good deep sleep helps in reducing stress and fatigue. So when its bed time, good night and sleep tight!
- ENJOY A WARM TEA- A warm tea which contains Ginger and Holy Basil (Tulsi) will provide relief from unenduring period cramps and pain. It keeps the body warm, reduces irritation and stress. It soothes and comforts your body.
- WEAR COMFY CLOTHES – Its time to pamper and comfort yourself. So spend your days in those soft, cute pajamas you bought the other day. Wear comfortable, loose and soft clothes which keeps your skin rashes free and provides ample air circulation.
- PRACTICE BREATHING EXERCISES – Breathing calms body down. During periods one must practice breathing exercises. Do deep breathing exercises for at least 10 mins in the morning or evening or whenever you feel stressed or not at ease. It instantly calms and comforts your body.
- TRY AROMATHERAPY – Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. It enhances both physical and emotional health. In order to reduce stress and tension and calm ones body, soul and hormonal changes one should try aromatherapy and pamper self.
- HAVE A PAMPER DAY- Give in to those cravings. Rest on warm, soft, cozy and comfortable bed and pamper yourself. Your body is already going through a lot of trouble, don’t make it suffer more. You feel like eating a whole cake, binge watch your favourite show and spend your whole day in pajamas? Do it!
- DO LIGHT STRETCHES – Indulge in light stretches and exercises. Practice yoga that will specially help you through period days. Do low intensity exercises.
So these are few period self care tips. Find the best ones that works for you and gets you through your tough week.