On Wednesday 19 August supreme court has asked Maharashtra to hand over all the evidence collected in the case so far to CBI. The court has directed The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) investigate the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput death case. The actor was found hanging in his flat in suburban Bandra on June 14. After his death, many stories and gossip have come up.
Supreme court delivered the verdict led by the single justice Hrishikesh Roy and he said when truth meets sunshine justice will not be served on the living alone but after life’s fitful fever now the departed will also sleep well. Satyamev Jayate. By adding he said the Maharashtra state refuse the option to challenge the order and that the jurisdiction of the Mumbai police conducting probe under section 174 CrPC which demands enquiry on suicide which is limited for definite purpose but not enough as an investigation of a crime under section 157 of the CrPC and also he added that in the further investigation if any other case is registered under Sushant death case the same shall be probed by CBI only.
Regarding the decision by Supreme Court the lawyer Vikas Singh who is representing his father said “this is the victory for Sushant Singh Rajput family supreme court has said all the points in our favour and the court also clearly pointed out and said that the FIR registered at Patna was correct.
He further added that “the supreme court also ruled out that any other FIR regarding the case of Sushant Singh Rajput will also be investigated by the CBI we hope that we should get justice soon the family is very happy with the supreme court’s decision”.