“Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates.
This pandemic is a bad space which has pushed us all in a bad shape both mentally and physically. It has been a year now since lockdown has caged us inside our homes. Our daily routine now include eating, sleeping and working from home. Working from home requires sitting in one place for a long period of time, while crunching on any and every kind of snack we get our hands on and sleeping with red tired eyes after spending almost the whole day in front of screen.
Going to the gym or swimming, taking stairs, walking from one place to another are now long-lost healthy habits. We have made our schedule such that we have no time to exercise or indulge in good food habits. We are too busy to prepare a time-taking healthy dish for ourselves instead we resort to instant food items.
Our good old healthy habits are the need of the hour. Step by step we need to improve our health. Small steps will lead to big changes.
Here are some tips to remain healthy in lockdown.
- Try reducing screen time.
- Opt for stairs once in a while.
- Have a day off, use it for selfcare, read a book, paint, dance , do gardening or anything that gives you peace.
- Do stretching, yoga and meditation.
- Involve self in cardio exercises.
- Do squat jumps, side lunges, glute bridge , these help in reducing fat and keeps you active. Divide these various activities evenly over the week.
- We need to improve our food habits as well.
- Consume no sugar or brown sugar.
- Have detox drinks like lemonade , cucumber and mint drink instead of caffeine or coffee.
- Stay hydrated
- Eat healthy snacks. Replace all the junk snacks with healthy snacks that are under 90 calories like popcorn, masala corn, roasted papad and Greek yogurt.
Finally, don’t forget to enjoy your lockdown 🙂