We all lack what it takes to turn our life around. Changes are required. We all need to change some of our habits, routine or entirely the lifestyle. Here are some easy steps to make the required changes, to form a new habit.
- WORK ON ONE HABIT AT A TIME – A servant to two will lead to no good. When trying to develop a new habit that may change your day or lifestyle, the attention should be focused completely on that one habit.
- COMMIT FOR ATLEAST A MONTH – Consistency is the key. Any new development or change in a routine demands effort. These efforts should be put in consistently to achieve the goal.
- TAKE BABY STEPS AND START SLOW – Believe in baby steps supremacy! Directly jumping to the final steps or the big steps and deleting the baby steps will not lead to success instead it will cause exhaustion and demotivation and will hamper the process of moving forward. So to keep on moving forward, one has to take those baby steps, which might be boring or difficult sometimes but in order to reach the top, one has to start from the lower steps of the ladder.
- BE PREPARED FOR OBSTACLES AND TEMPTATIONS – The temptation to return to your comfort zone will haunt you every now and then. But no matter what, never give in to these temptations matey! Stay focused and strong.
- REWARD YOURSELF WHEN YOU REACH A MILESTONE – Celebrate every little achievement. Be your own cheerleader! After accomplishing any milestone, reward yourself. This not only marks your success but pushes you and encourages you to keep on moving. It motivates you to accomplish all the other targets that may seem to be difficult or impossible at times.
- ADOPT THE NEW HABITS AS PART OF YOUR LIFESTYLE – Habits shapes your lifestyle, so make these habits your lifestyle! Bring the required change, build your lifestyle, reform yourself.
- FOLLOW THE 21 90 RULE – This famous rule states that around 21 days are required to make any new habit and around 90 days are required to make it a permanent lifestyle change. So what are you waiting for? Go on and apply this rule and see the positive change in your lifestyle.
Stay strong you got this!