A fire broke out this morning on the sixth floor of Parliament Annexe building in Delhi. “A call was received at 7.30 AM and it is suspected the fire started following a short-circuit. The fire has been brought under control,” Atul Garg, Director, Delhi Fire Service said. Further investigation is still on.
This fire, caused supposedly by a short circuit, broke out in room number 6 of the sixth floor and the damage is confined to that room. Soon, seven fire engines were rushed to the spot. No casualties or injuries have been reported so far.
Sittings of both houses of Parliament – Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha had been suspended since March, days before Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the nationwide coronavirus lockdown . The budget session was adjourned March 23.
“The monsoon session of Parliament, when it begins, will be marked by several firsts and special measures”, government sources said Sunday. This would include using chambers and galleries of both Houses for the sitting of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. The monsoon session of parliament must begin before September 23, because there cannot be a gap of more than six months between two sessions.