With temperatures soaring and sun scorching over our heads, tan lines, sunburns, oily skin, acne and pimples are the highlights of summer season. We did our best to protect ourselves from these irritating, itchy marks and acnes by using sunscreen, sunglasses and summer coats etc alas here we are with various types of skin problems. So here are 5 simple DIY summer skin care tips for you to regain your calm and glow back.
1) Lemon and curd – Mix half a spoon of sugar and a pinch of salt with lemon juice. Use it as a scrubber. Massage gently for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and then apply curd as a face mask, leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Lemon juice contains vitamin C, that helps in reducing skin damage. It contains high pH level which decreases oil on the skin, reducing inflammation. It also has qualities like antifungal and skin lightening. Lemon when mixed with sugar and salt works as a natural scrubber, removing dirt and dead skin cells from pores. Curd contains lactic acid which exfoliates skin and keeps it smooth and cool and nourishes skin with essential fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals that it contains.
2) Aloe vera and honey – Mix fresh aloe vera gel with honey. Apply this mixture and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Honey is extremely moisturizing and hydrates the skin. It is naturally soothing and has healing properties which nourishes damaged skin and helps to fade scars. Aloe vera on the other hand is anti-inflammatory and it also reduces the healing time of burns and tans.
3) Face scrub or Ubtan – Ask your mumma and this will be the first remedy she will suggest for sure! Mix gram flour (besan) with curd, honey, some drops of lemon juice, turmeric and rose water. Make a fine paste of these ingredients, apply and leave it for 30 to 40 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. It soothes your irritated skin reducing acne and pimples and helps in removing tan and sunburns. Do this twice a week and see the wonders yourself!
4) Fenugreek seeds – Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind these seeds the next morning like a thick paste with milk. Use this as a face mask.
Fenugreek seeds helps in preventing acne formation as it contains diosgenin which has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. These seeds also contain vitamin K and vitamin C that help in reducing blemishes, dark circles, tan and sunburns from the skin. Using the fenugreek seeds face mask removes all the impurities from the skin, making it glow naturally.
5) Papaya – Grind papaya with milk and leave this paste on your face for 30 to 45 minutes to dry . Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Papaya prevents acne and breakouts because of enzymes papain and chymopapain that are anti-inflammatory. Papain also removes damaged keratin that can build up on the skin and form small bumps.
Try these 5 simple healing and soothing DIY summer skin care tips and see the magic yourself!
HAPPY SUMMERS! 🙂