Eggs are some of those few food items that have got taste along with unbeatable health benefits. Most people love to have eggs and assemble them in their daily food list, especially in their breakfast. 7 health benefits which we get from consuming eggs are listed below:
1. Omega-3 fatty acids. All eggs do not have the same amount of nutrition. It varies because of the nutrition compound which depends on the kind of food that was fed to the hens and how they were raised. The Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) element present in eggs helps in the maintenance of brain function, vision, and lower blood triglycerides. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in fish like tuna and salmon. So, if we are unable to eat fish, eggs are the perfect alternative for us.
2. Raise good cholesterol. Eating eggs can help us increase the High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) which is also known as good cholesterol. A single egg contains 212 mg, which is over half of the recommended daily intake of 300 mg. Higher levels of HDL lower down the risk of heart disease, stroke, and other health problems. Studies have shown that consuming two eggs per day for six weeks have helped in enhancing HDL level by 10%.
3. High in quality protein. Getting enough protein in our diet is extremely important for a healthy body. Proteins are the building blocks of the blocks of the human body as they formulate all sorts of tissues which serve as a structural and functional process. A single large egg contains around six grams of protein. Apart from this, eggs also contain all the essential amino acids which further help in working with protein in our body. Enough protein is important for stronger bones, increase muscle mass, help in weight loss etc.
4. Beneficial for eyes. Eggs contain two powerful antioxidants, lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants assemble in the retina of the eyes. The risk of the two most common eye disorders, cataracts, and macular degeneration can be reduced by consuming adequate amounts of these nutrients. Eggs are also high in vitamin A. Deficiency of Vitamin A is known to be the most common cause of blindness in the world.
5. Lower risk of heart disease. Consumption of a higher amount of LDL cholesterol which is also known as the bad cholesterol is harmful for health and enhances the chance of heart disease. Lesser known fact is that there are two subtypes of LDL: small LDL and large LDL. According to the studies, large LDL is more beneficial for health than small and eggs help to raise the level of the former.
6. Take in essential minerals. Minerals like iron, zinc, and phosphorus are present in eggs in great amounts and are requisite for your healthy body. Zinc maintains your immune system and turns food into energy. Iron is required for a number of things, but women need plenty of it due to menstruation. Eggs are also rich in iodine, which is required to make thyroid hormones, and selenium.
7. Brain Health. The most complex part of the body is the brain. And for maintaining good health, it is extremely important for you to maintain a healthy brain. Eggs contain most of the right vitamins and minerals which are needed for regular functioning of cells, memory, nervous system and metabolism.