The glutes are the largest muscles in the body, so training and strengthening them is really important. Here we provide you with 10 workouts that you can easily do at your home and strength your glutes.
The Warmup is the most important thing that you should keep in mind before doing any workout. So, complete 10 minutes of light to moderate cardio before jumping in.
- Squat: Squats are the most famous glutes exercise. But they are worth every ounce of effort. Go slow and controlled, focusing on good form not on speed to target your backside.
- Reverse Leg Lift: Lying down facedown on the ground and raising your alternate legs up can good more good than you think. So, push your leg up towards the sky.
- Curtsy Squat: These effectively target your gluteus medius, the outer glute muscles, which will provide you with a well rounded look and feel. The lower you’ll squat the more you’ll feel it.
- Step-Up: This is very simple yet effective exercise which also serves as an ideal functional exercise and along with making your glutes stronger it helps you move better in daily life.
- Leg Kickbacks: These not only work on your legs, but also works on your core and helps in the strengthening of your hands. Even without weights, it will have your glutes feeling sore the next day.
- Superman: These exercise works on your entire body and your entire posterior chain, including the glutes. Squeezing them throughout the movement will ensure good engagement and calorie burn.
- Bridges: These are essential t be included in your workout as they allow you target your glutes and hamstrings without back strain.
- Clamshell: This exercise may look simple but when you’ll do it, you will get to know about its importance as it hits your gluteus medius and strengths the inner muscles.
- Broad Jump: These kind of Plyometric exercises require a lot of force and energy to execute especially, during home workouts because you don’t get running start and in turn burns many calories.
- Side Lunge: Its very important to work your muscles in all directions and plane of motion. The side lunge hits the sides of your glutes and your inner and outer thighs.
But along with workout it is essential to keep a track of your diet as well. So, keep these points in mind and get ready to light your glutes on fire.